10 QUALITIES THAT WILL HELP YOU BE A SUCCESSFUL PERSON
Regards to my elders
Greetings ladies and gentlemen
What is Success ? Success is not a destination, it is a journey. Success is not determined by the position you hold but how many obstacles you overcame to reach there. And as Earl Nightingale said,” Success is the Progressive realization of a worthy goal “. 10 QUALITIES THAT WILL HELP YOU BE A SUCCESSFUL PERSON
1. Desire : Everyone needs motivation in his/her life and a person who really want to achieve success will only get motivated by the desire to achieve it. A young man once asked Socrates the secret of success. Socrates asked him to meet him near a river. The next morning they met and Socrates asked him to walk with him into the river. When the water was up to their necks Socrates took the man by Surprise and dunked his head into the water and did not take it out till the man was really struggling to come out and breathe air. Then Socrates said that the day you will desire something the same way you did air today, you will achieve everything you want in the coming time.
2. Commitment : You have to be committed towards anything you do. Running a race to win is different from running a race not to lose. To win in a race comes out of inspiration and commitment but playing not to lose comes out of desperation. To a successful person the greater is the challenge, the greater is the desire to work hard, and much rewarding is the victory.
3. Responsibility: ” A duty which becomes a desire will ultimately become a delight ” said George Gritter. With responsibility you not only become accountable, you become prone to risks and failure. But calculated rather than foolish risks are rewarded as well as appreciated by others. Responsibility is what will drive you to chase success.
4. Hard Work : The most basic yet the one we avoid to do. To a person who has done all the beating to gain success, luck will just be another word for hard work. Working Hard will improve one’s chance of achieving something.
5. Character : It is the some total of your values, beliefs and personality. It takes a lot of character and grit to overcome the various obstacles that come in your path to success. Stay away from criticizers because to fight them you will have to go down at their level. To see the best in everyone is what will make you great.
6. Positive Believing : Positive thinking is that everything that your positive thinking and executing is good. We all know that living a life of positive believing is hard but it not much hard of living a life of negative believing. Positive believing is hard to get, it only comes from preparation.
7. Give a little extra : Everyone likes to get a little extra but no one is prepared to give a little extra. In a Job most people don’t even want to do things they are getting paid for. Doing a little extra will give you pride and satisfaction, you will gain respect from your juniors as well as your seniors, you make yourself valuable and makes cooperation with others easier, and why not? you are doing a bit extra.
8. Persistence : The ability to continue even after failure will help. Great leaders have the desire to bounce back after failure with even greater resolve. Persistence comes from from commitment. After failure, people give up hope and look for shortcuts and shortcuts don’t lead you anywhere in life.
9. Pride : Pride will only come by performance and performance is something rare in today’s life. Pride in your performance with commitment and determination is what will make you win. Your Pride will affect your attitude and attitude is what will affect your work.
10. Get a teacher : A good teacher is what will help you imbibe everything above stated. He will push you to your limit and will want you to become your best. As your good performance will reflect his worth and ability. In any country’s society, teacher is shown the most respect because if you meet god somewhere you would have not met him without your teachers advice and direction.
Also Read: Ways you can Criticize and Avoid Resentment
Do not pursue success, pursue excellence and then see how success comes for you.
The ideas I talked about were taken from Shiv Khera’s book, ‘ You Can Win ‘. So my proper respects and acknowledgement to Shiv Khera and anyone who he has mentioned in his book.
If you liked this post, do share it and make others like it a bit as well.
Ok bye…I hope I continue in future.