DIFFERENCE IN HARRY POTTERS FOURTH INSTALLMENT NOVEL AND ITS MOVIE
Regards to my elders
Greetings ladies and gentlemen
Lumos friends. I am back with some major differences in the fourth installment novel and movie. The Goblet of fire was released in 2000 and as always J.K Rowling has been a great success. DIFFERENCE IN HARRY POTTERS FOURTH INSTALLMENT NOVEL AND ITS MOVIE.
SOME MAJOR DIFFERENCES
You see, the type of reaction I give when I see a caption like “nce klick” instead of “nice click” on social media is somewhat same when I came to know about these differences in the plot of the movie.
1. The movie starts with Harry having a dream about Lord Voldemort at the Burrow but he actually had it in Privet Drive.
2. Harry was in Privet Drive when Weasleys had come to take him back to The Burrow using Dursley’s fireplace. Fred and George intentionally give Dudley a kind of sweet which results in Dudley’s tongue grow very long and very thick. It would have been gross if they tried to show this in movie I guess.
3. There is a chapter ‘ Weasley Wizard Wheezes ‘ which gives a trace from this novel that Fred and George Weasley will open a Joke shop later.
4. The match between Bulgaria and Ireland in the Quidditch world cup is not shown in the movie but is described beautifully in the novel. Ireland were ahead Bulgaria by 170-10. Viktor Krum catches the snitch and brings the score of Bulgaria to 160 as he knew the Ireland chasers are too good for them and wanted to end the match on his own terms.
5. Harry does not see anybody casting the spell which makes the Dark lord’s sign to appear as shown in the movie. In the novel evidences give the feeling that Winky, Barty Crouch’s house elf, has conjured the dark mark using Harry’s wand. The spell is MORSMORDRE.
6. Ron does not get his dress robes in the middle of the term. In the novel he gets his robes before he went to Hogwarts ,that is, at the burrow
7. The movie makes it seem as the Drumstrang and Beauxbatons students arrive at the same day as Harry and the others arrive at Hogwarts. But they arrive days after Mad Eye has its first lesson on the Unforgivable Curses. They arrive at 6 ‘o clock on Friday, 30th of October to be precise.
8. The movie does not show the weighing of the wands. It is a type of ceremony in which Ollivander, the Wand maker, checks the wands of each of the champion for any problems.
9. Winky and Dobby’s role have not been mentioned in the entire film.
10. Snape and McGonagall don’t have a single class in the entire year in the movie.
11. For god’s sake, Dobby is the one to provide gilly weed to his ” Mr Potter “. Although Moody/Barty Crouch Jr is the one to plant a book on Neville which has all the information about how to breathe underwater( in the second task). But Harry as always doesn’t ask for help from anybody apart from Hermione and Ron.
12. Padfoot/Sirius does meet with Harry in the fourth installment in a cave in Hogsmeade. I am sorry the movie just has glimpses of the chapter, Padfoot Returns, Madness of Mr Crouch and The Dream.
13. The song Hermione , Ron and Hagrid sing in the forbidden forest before they find Barty Crouch dead is actually Hogwarts school song. ” Hogwarts Hogwarts , hoggy warty Hogwarts, teach us something please”.
14. Well The Dark lord hints abouth the Horcruxes when he returns in his original form
15. Snape uses Veritaserum on Barty Crouch Jr to reveal how he got out from Azkaban. That tale is gripping in itself.
There are as many more differences. But the productions do have to cut scenes. But if you have any questions please post them in comments and I will try my best answer them as I have read the novels. Winky’s and Dobby’s role is cut the most.
Ok bye…I hope I continue in future.