DIFFERENCE IN HARRY POTTER’S FIFTH INSTALLMENT NOVEL AND ITS MOVIE
Regards to my elders
Greetings ladies and gentlemen
Lumos friends. Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix novel was released on 21’st June 2003, by Bloomsbury in U.K. and is the longest running novel in the series. The movie based on this novel was released in 2007 with some major differences in the incidents. As always J.K. Rowling has been a success.DIFFERENCE IN HARRY POTTER’S FIFTH INSTALLMENT NOVEL AND ITS MOVIE
SOME MAJOR AND MINOR DIFFERENCES
1. Not only Arabelle Figg, whose a squib, but also Mundungus Fletcher was supposed to keep an eye on Harry in little Whinging. Apparently he had gone to get stolen Cauldrons
2. Harry didn’t get just one letter at the Dursleys. First, from Matalda Hopkirk that he is expelled from Hogwarts, second, from Arthur about Dumbledore trying to solve the dementor’s mess in the ministry and not to surrender his wand, third, again by Matalda Hopkirk that his wand will not be destroyed and he will have a disciplinary hearing, fourth from Sirius about not to leave the house and fifth from Dumbledore to Petunia that said ‘ Remember, my last Petunia’. Aaaah. I can imagine Harry’s position but what about Vernon Dursley? Five owls swishing past him in a day!!
3. Harry did pack his stuff before leaving for the Headquarters, friends.
4. Harry became the secret keeper of the Headquarter by reading its address out of a piece of paper in the novel provided by Moody.
5. Harry and his friends find the locket which was turned in a Horcrux by Voldemort when they are trying to free the headquarters of pest but they don’t pay much attention to it.
6. Harry visits Arthur’s office and also meets his colleague Perkins.
7. A Patronus which has a fully defined body is called as a corporeal one as told by Madam Bones.
8. Hermione and Ron are chosen prefect in this installment and Ron gets rewarded by a Broomstick for this.
9. Molly faces a Boggart in one of the rooms in headquarters which turns into every Weasley member dead.
10. Harry is shown the original order of the phoenix photograph by Moody.
11. The sorting ceremony is not shown in the movie. The Sorting Hat warns the Hogwarts houses to unite if they want to fight evil.
12. Professor Grubly Plank doesn’t have a single class the entire year in the movie.
13. Percy sends a letter to Ron, he is not living with his family as he and his father had a row, about not to be in the company of Harry Potter.
14. Umbridge also inspects classes of McGonagall, Grubly Plank and Flitwick.
15. Dobby tells Harry about the room of requirement and not Neville.
16. Hermione makes some coins. They work in the way that if on one of the coin number change, symbolizing time and date of there meetings, others will mimic that number as well. A protean charm as told in the novel.
17. The quidditch season is missed entirely in the movie. In one of the games Gryffindor is against slytherin. Gryffindor does win but Malfoy has a fight with Fred, George and Harry which results in the expulsion of the three from Gryffindors team by Umbridge.
18. Hagrid takes a class in the novel after he comes back from meeting giants where he teaches about Thestrals inspected by umbridge.
19. Harry and the weasleys go to Sirius’s house and then to St Mungo’s to meet Arthur. Here except Harry, the others find out about Neville’s parent as he has come to visit them with his grandmother.
20. Snape visits the Headquarter to tell Harry that he will learn Occlumency. He has a fight with Sirius. That was an interesting read.
21. Harry has a date with Cho in the Hogsmeade. That didn’t go well so he told Skeeter about the incidents that happened last year so that she could put this in newspaper. Hermione arranged for this.
22. The movie has missed half the chapter, Careers Advice.
23. Gryffindor do win the Quidditch Cup even without Harry, Fred, and George thanks to Ron’s brilliant goalkeeping.
24. The OWL’s are conducted my friends. How do they got in the seventh year if OWL’s are not held as shown in the movie.
WANT TO READ THEE WHOLE PROPHECY? DO READ: THE OTHER CHOSEN ONE
25. Krecher confirms Harry’s doubt about Sirius being in the department of mysteries.
26. Harry and the others go through a lot of rooms before entering the hall of prophecies.
27. In the novel, Dumbledore takes the help of his phoenix, bewitched wizard, witch, goblin and elf to fight voldemort and protect Harry.
28. Dumbledore tells Harry about the whole prophecy told to him by Trelawney 16 year ago.
I hoped you liked it. Do share with Potter Maniacs.
Ok bye…I hope I continue in future.