DIFFERENCE IN HARRY POTTERS SECOND INSTALLMENT AND ITS MOVIE.
Regards to my elders
Greetings ladies and gentlemen
Harry potter and the Chamber of Secrets is the second installment in the Potter series written by J.K Rowling. It was published on 2 July, 1998. The picture version of this novel was released in 2002 which was as a great success as the first part of the series. Here are some differences in the novel and the movie version.
DIFFERENCE IN THE NOVEL AND THE MOVIE.
- The movie shows that it was only Uncle Vernon who punished Harry for using the hover charm but in actual(in the novel) Harry was also warned by the Ministry of Magic that he would be expelled if he uses more magic outside Hogwarts.
- Mr Weasley and Mr Malfoy just did not have a verbal fight in Flourish and Blotts as per the movie, they had a fisticuff right there in front of everyone.
- Ron got the howler before there class in the Greenhouse where they learned about Mandrakes.
- Before Gilderoy Lockhart’s first class in which he gave devilish practicals, he asked the students question like.” what is lockhart’s secret ambition?”, “what is lockhart’s secret ambition?” and other pesky questions. Guess who topped it?. obviously Hermione.
- In his second year Harry and his friends were invited by nearly Headless nick on his five hundredth death anniversary party
6. Filch being a squib tried to learn magic in potters second year, found out by Harry during his detention with Filch.
7. The history of Salazar Slytherin and the Chamber of Secrets was not told by prof McGonnagall in her class, it was told by prof Binns, the history of magic teacher.
8. Hermione had to steal Boomslang skin and Bicorn horn from Severus’s from his office,something not mentioned in the movie.
9. In the novel, the second year students had to choose subjects for the third year, which the movie fails to depict.
10. The Weasley family too came to Hogwarts for thanking Harry about saving her daughter from Voldemort.
The movie version of this novel is the 45th highest grossing film of and the seventh highest grosser in the Harry Potter series. This installment is followed by The Prisoners of Azkaban in both the novel and the movie.
OK bye.. I hope I continue in future.