DIFFERENCE IN HARRY POTTER’S SIXTH INSTALLMENT NOVEL AND ITS MOVIE
Regards to my elders
Greetings ladies and gentlemen
Lumos Friends. I am here with another post about how Harry Potter and The Half blood Prince Movie was different from its novel. The movie version was released in 2009 whereas the novel was released in 2005. And as always J.K Rowling has been a success. This post is for those who have watched the series but not read it. DIFFERENCE IN HARRY POTTER’S SIXTH INSTALLMENT AND ITS MOVIE
Some major/minor differences
The movie characters are definitely messing up with the type of mood and expressions the original one’s had in the novel.
1. In the starting, Scrimgeour and Fudge come to visit the muggle’s Prime minister to tell about the dark lord gaining power again.
2. Narcissa and not Bellatrix asks Snape to make the unbreakable vow at spinner’s end.
3. Dumbledore comes to take Harry from the Dursley’s and not directly from a coffee shop. He comes in the house, tells Harry that he has now possession of his godfather’s house, of Kreacher, of Buckbeak the hippogriff. He also asks the Dursley’s to let Harry come and live with them for the last time next summer.
4. In the movie it seems that Professor Slughorn is OK to let Dumbledore in his house but in the novel he wants Dumbledore to leave as soon as possible. This is only before he meets Harry.
5. Dumbledore too comes to the burrow and meets Molly and Tonks. Fleur Delacour is too at the Burrow as she will marry Bill later.
6. They come to know about Ollivander being kidnapped at the Diagon Alley but in the novel it is Molly and Lupin who tell Harry and company about this at the Burrow.
7. In the novel, Harry, Ron and Hermione meet Draco at Madam Malkins. Draco makes his detour to Borgin and Burkes alone and not with his mother as shown in the movie.
8. Ron, Hermione don’t sit with Harry at the Hogwarts express as they have to go into the Prefects carriage. Harry shares a compartment with Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom.
9. Tonks and not Luna mends Harry’s nose. Snape comes to take Harry to the Hogwarts Hall.
10. A continuation error about McGonagall telling about getting outstanding in O.W.L to harry to continue potions in previous year. There is a chapter in Order of the Phoenix where Harry and the others are given career advice.
11. Slughorn gives the Advanced Potions book to Harry and Ron himself and doesn’t ask them to take it out of the cupboard as shown in the movie.
12. Snape doesn’t have a single class in the entire movie. It would have been nice if they had put one in which he tells the class about non verbal spells.
13. The three Broomsticks incident happened before Dumbledore asking Harry to get close to Slughorn in one of his private lessons.
14. The first Slughorn party actually happens in the Hogwarts express.
15. After telling Ron that he had not put the Felix Felicis, Ron had a fight with Hermione about her doubting him which lasted quite for a while.
16. The death eaters never attack the burrow when Harry goes there in Holidays. In the novel, Scromgeour comes at the Burrow and questions Harry about where does Dumbledore goes when he is not at Hogwarts.
17. Harry asks Dobby and Kreacher to tail Malfoy and find out where he goes when he doesn’t show up on the Marauders Map.
18. Harry just doesn’t goes and find out that Aragog is dead. He gets a letter from Hagrid to come and join him in his grief.
19. The story Slughorn tells Harry about lily giving him a fish which dies eventually when the dark lord kills lily is not in the novel. Well this little story was a good one.
20. Harry willingly gives up possession of the Half blood Princes book but in the novel he grudgingly hides it in the room of requirement as Snape, after he finds out Harry that has attacked Malfoy, asks him to bring his potions book.
21. The movie has missed the match between Ravenclaw and Gryffindor which Harry misses as he has a detention with Snape. Ginny kisses Harry after this match which they win and not while they both go to hide the prince’s book. Actually Ginny doesn’t go with Harry to the room of requirement at all.
22. In this part Trewlawney actually tells Harry about how she was recruited by Dumbledore and Snape had eavesdropped her and Dumbledore and heard the first part of the Prophecy.
23. Dumbledore and Harry do not apparate directly from the Astronomy tower but go to Hogsmeade to apparate.
24. When they comme back, the dark mark was already cast in sky and was not cast by Bellatrix after Snape kills Dumbledore.
26. Malfoy was able to communicate with Rosmerta using Protean charm when he was trying to deliver Dumbledore poisoned mead somehow. Malfoy had Rosmerta under the Imperius curse.
27. Snape is apparently in boiling temper when Harry goes after him when he and the others are fleeing. But in the movie he seems to be calm and composed. Nevertheless, Snape from the movie did stupendous acting in the whole movie and so has rowling done with his character in the movie.
28. Harry doesn’t take all of the Felicis when he goes down to Hagrid’s earlier. He saves a few drop which come handy when Ron, Ginny and the others fight the deatheaters.
23. Few members of the order of the phoenix do come to Hogwarts to fight the deatheaters.
24. Another contination error in the movie about Voldemort taking the wand directly from Dumbledore’s grave next year. But before, when Harry goes to Dumbledore’s office after his death, we see that the elder wand is lying there on his desk. In the novel it is clearly depicted that Dumbledore’s wand is buried along with him.
25. Many people from across the wizarding land had come to pay last respects to Dumbledore at his funeral.
26. Most of Dumbledore private lessons are missed in the entire film. The first lesson about Dumbledore showing Harry a memory which contained information about Voldemort’s mother, his mother’s father Gaunt and her brother, the memory about voldemort visiting Gaunt’s house and taking Gaunt’s ring, when Voldemort stole the locket from Hepzibah’s home and killed her and the memory of Dumbledore when Lord Voldemort had come to Hogwarts to have the job of defense against the dark arts teacher.
That wraps it up for this post about difference in harry potter’s sixth installment novel and its movie. Do share it with Potter Maniacs. Do write in comments anything I may have missed.
Ok bye…I hope I continue in future.