DIFFERENCE IN HARRY POTTERS THIRD INSTALLMENT NOVEL AND ITS MOVIE
Regards to my elders
Greetings ladies and gentlemen
Lumos friends. I solemnly swear that i am up to no good. As usual, the third installment in the Harry Potter series was as a great success as the other installment in the series. The third installment was released in 1999. It further continues the journey of Harry Potter in his third year in Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. J.K Rowling as always has been a success. DIFFERENCE IN HARRY POTTERS THIRD INSTALLMENT AND ITS MOVIE.
SOME MAJOR DIFFERENCES IN THE SCENES FROM THE THIRD INSTALLMENT: THE PRISONERS OF AZKABAN
- During the end of the previous year at Hogwarts, Harry gives his telly phone number to his friend Ron. Ron tries to talk to Harry during there summer vacations but only manages to have a weird talk with Harry’s uncle. The movie has missed it.
- During my read of the book, I found out that Aunt Marge lives for more than 3 days, but the movie shows as if she started hovering on the same day of her visit due to Harry’s rage.
- During his journey in the knight bus, Harry identifies himself as Neville Longbottom when Stan asks his name. The movie misses this thing.
4.During the reuniting of Harry with Ron and Hermione, Ron tells that he has bought a new wand. The third movie misses this though shows he has bought a new wand as the wand is not laced with spell-o-tape.
5. McGonagall asks Harry and Hermione to meet with her just after the students enter in Hogwarts. She asks Harry if he feels normal after the dementor attack and gives Hermione the Time-Turner.
6.Peeves describes the attack of Sirius Black at the Gryffindor tower but in the movie the Fat Lady herself describes the attack to Professor Dumbledore.
7. When Harry’s friends had gone to Hogsmeade one day, Harry and Lupin had a talk in his office in which he showed Harry a Grindylow although in the movie they seem to have met on the bridge which leads to one end of the forbidden forest.
8. The majority of the Quidditch season is omitted from the movie. In the third installment of the novel, the gryffindor team actually wins the quidditch final after beating Slytherin.
9. In the novel, Harry overhears Minister fudge and others by hiding beneath the table on which Ron and Hermione are sitting. Harry forgets his cloak. But in the movie he uses Invisibility cloak to over hear the conversation in a pub which was restricted for under age wizards.
10. In the novel, Harry receives the Firebolt during Christmas but in the movie he receives it at the end of the term.
11. The first girl which fancies Harry that is Cho Chang appears in the third installment during Gryffindors match with Ravenclaw. The movie delays the appearance of Cho Chang by The Goblet of Fire.
12. In the movie Harry comes to know about the arrival of Minister for Magic after he is hit on the head by some kind of stone but in the novel Harry just catches Fudge and the others coming through Hagrid’s window.
13. The origin of the formation of the Marauders Map are never revealed in the movie. Names such as wormtail, prongs, padfoot and moony are revealed sometime later in the series.
13. The novel describes that Hermione is with Harry when he tries to save Sirius from Dementors near the lake. But in the movie Harry is alone fighting the dementors.
14. Hermione uses the spell alohomora instaed of bombarda to open the gate to rescue Sirius.
15. There are lot of continuity errors in the movie. Ron receives the owl Pig as a present from Sirius. Though in the corresponding films Ron is shown with pig without explaining how he got there.
16. The subsequent movies seem to give the feeling that Harry is allowed to enter Hogsmeade as Sirius is far away from Hogwarts. But in original during there journey back to kings cross Harry receives a letter from Sirius giving permission to Harry via Pig.
ok bye..I hope I continue in future.